Similar to any standard agency we background check and interview all our carers, this includes Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks (in England & Wales), Disclosure Scotland and NI Access (in Northern Ireland), identity documents, right to work in the UK, tax and employment status and if relevant driving licence and relevant qualifications. We also insist on two independent referees (one of them a UK resident) who are willing to vouch for the carer. Our carers can also be reviewed by their clients on the platform (carer reviews available July ’18).
Articles in this section
- How do I search for care workers or personal assistants?
- What areas of the UK do you cover?
- Do people see my personal and contact information?
- Is Curam registered with the Care Quality Commission/Care Inspectorate/Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority?
- Can we know if and when a carer has completed their visit?
- Can organisations or companies use the Curam platform?
- Does Curam have an affiliate marketing programme?
- How does Curam approve its carers and what background checks do you do on your carers?
- But surely Curam should choose the best carers – as agencies claim to do?
- Should I meet a carer before agreeing a contract?